Video Marketing 2015 statistics
The play button has become the most compelling call to action in online marketing. If you not convinced here are the stats in easy to digest bullet points – enjoy
- 65% of viewers watch more than 75% of a given video. Any content marketer would be delighted with those stats
- Video converts better than any other medium. And new interactivity features on YouTube will send conversions through the roof
- According to Forrester research a 1-minute video has the same impact as 1.8 million words. If you can write a web page an hour. It will take you 5 months to write something with the same impact as a 1-minute video. Not to mention the ink costs!
- The average user watches a staggering 32 videos each month. That’s almost 1 a day!
- There are 300 hours of content uploaded to YouTube every minute. With every video averaging 1 minute. That’s 18000 videos a minute and almost 1 million each day.
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a site they visited in the past 30 days. According to the Online Publishers Association, Of that 80%, 46% took some action after viewing the ad. 26% looked for more information about the subject of the video. 22% visited the website named in the ad. 15% visited the company represented in the video ad. 12% purchased the specific product featured in the ad – compelling right?
- Website visitors are 65 times more likely to make a purchase after watching a video. If you have an ecommerce sight with no video – why the heck not?
- Visitors to sites with video stay on average 2 minutes longer than sites without video
- According to Forbes 65% of executives would rather watch a video than read text. About 65% of those who view a video click through to visit the vendor website, 50% look for more information and 45% report that they contacted a vendor after seeing an online video ad. About 50% of those who viewed an online marketing video went on to make a purchase for their business.
- When marketers include a video in an emailer the click through rate increase by 300%
- Youtube views have increased by 50% year on year
- Youtube viewers are watching for twice as long year on year
If you want more information about video marketing contact email@example.com